Get Back to Culture is an opportunity for Secondary Schools in Cornwall to undertake a creative or cultural visit or activity. It is supported by Cornwall Council. The scheme has been developed by the Culture and Creative Partnerships team at Cornwall Council and is managed by KEAP. This funding will support schools to begin to address the lack of creative experiences for students brought on by the pandemic. In line with Cornwall’s Creative Manifesto, this grant will enable young people to have a chance to engage with creative opportunities and to gain a better understanding of creative careers available to them.
Secondary schools can apply for a one-off grant of £500 which can be used to pay for creative and cultural visits and workshops and associated costs in the summer term 2022. Funding is available for 29 schools.
- Activities must have a focus on arts, creativity or culture.
- Activities must take place offsite, no workshops in school.
- Activities can take place within or outside Cornwall.
- Activities must take place by 30 July 2022.
- Funding may be used to pay for the full cost of the activity, or part funding e.g. part funding for a trip to a London theatre.
- Eligible costs include artist fees, workshop fees, tickets, venue entry fees plus associated costs such as supply cover, transport and food. This list is not exhaustive.
- There is no minimum number of young people who need to benefit, but if it is a small number, strong impact must be demonstrated.
- Only one application per school.
- Successful schools will be asked to share videos about creative careers with their students, so they can gain a better understanding of creative careers available to them in Cornwall.
- Successful applicants will need to invoice KEAP for the funding. This will be paid in May 2022.
We have collated a list of events and activities from creative & cultural organisations supported by Cornwall Council, along with other key Cornish galleries and some larger organisations in Plymouth to ensure schools know about what is on offer. However, schools applying to the fund can undertake ANY creative & cultural visit or experience anywhere in the country. They do not have to choose an organisation from this list. This list is available here. We encourage trips which will also provide insights about creative careers as part of the experience.
To apply for the grant, please complete this online form https://forms.office.com/r/meW4Cr1neT
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
Deadline for applications is 9am Thursday 31 March. You will be informed if your application is successful by Fri 29 April.