Building on the success of our creative writing hub in Pool, we bring you a travelling resource complete with writer to lead creative writing workshops in your school, community space or library. Our aim is to support pupils to achieve their potential in literacy, unlock their imaginations and give them new strategies for writing.
We know that transport will always be an issue in Cornwall, so for those schools who can’t travel to our unique centre in Pool, we have commissioned artists to fabricate a Pop Up Writers’ Block which can be brought into schools, community spaces and libraries to alleviate the transport costs. It cannot do everything that the fixed space can, but it will bring an essence of ingenuity and discovery, and the notion that when you cross the threshold, you are a writer …
What can we offer?
- One-off sessions or part of a half term series (if the latter we would urge schools to make the initial session in The Writers’ Block in Pool)
- All sessions led by an experienced writer/educator
- Focus can be on a range of abilities: reluctant writers, writing at greater depth, writing for a purpose, talented writers in KS2, 3, 4, 5
- Max 15 pupils per workshop
- An empty room – or desks moved to the side (room must be available for 1 hour prior to workshop time)
- Assistance to bring in the kit and take down at the end
- 2 hour workshop £250
- 2 x 2hr workshops £450 (this could be to 2 different groups of 15 pupils in the day)
- 6 week programme £1400 (one day teacher CPD, 5 x 2 hour sessions for pupils)
All the above can be mixed and matched as required, including visits to the actual Writers’ Block in Pool and sessions at your school
Further information and bookings
Contact Helen Reynolds helen.reynolds[email protected] 07771 981094