We’re recruiting for The Story Republic, a development & work opportunity for emerging performers.
• The programme is aimed at emerging theatre performers who are interested in working in a variety of spaces from the street to galleries castles to classrooms with a repertoire of songs, poems and short stories.
• You will need to be enthusiastic, at ease vocally and able to make yourself heard, keen to work in an ensemble and be a strong singer.
• You will need access to transport as some of the places are difficult to get to on public transport. This work is best suited to people living in Cornwall.
Fee: The rehearsals, training and performances are freelance paid work @ £14.30 an hour plus travel. This is not a tour and the work is sporadic so we are flexible around other work commitments.
To apply: Please send a CV and why you are interested in this opportunity to Amanda Harris [email protected] . You may submit a video or audio recording of no more than 5 minutes duration instead of a written application.
• Deadline: 9am Thursday 6 April
• Audition Date: Monday 17 April at The Writers’ Block in Redruth
• Rehearsal Dates: 24 & 25 April at The Writers’ Block
• First performances: May 2023.
Please note: you must be available for both the audition date and the rehearsal dates above.
The Story Republic is an ensemble of performers with a passion for story, poetry and song with a strong Cornish flavour. In a typical summer, The Story Republic will perform at events and festivals, as well as part of more focussed projects and commissions. Much of this is outdoor work but more recently we have developed audio and digital storytelling. There are also opportunities for working in early years, schools and to enhance writing, workshop and leadership skills. The Artistic Director of the Story Republic is writer, director and performer Connie Crosby. We also work with guest directors and singing leaders. We do not perform plays nor go on tour for long periods.
Our mission is to recognise and reflect the diversity of our world in our recruitment, programming, literature and commissions. We welcome applications from under-represented groups, and if you would like to discuss accessibility requirements for the role, please get in touch.